May TBR: Celebrating Libraries


I've been thinking a lot lately about how libraries are underappreciated. So many of them are closing and before we know it, they could become *gulps* extinct. Members of the government like hunting libraries for sport and can be seen tearing the pages of books savagely. They even upload photos to Facebook sometimes. 

The thing is, saving your library is so easy. All you have to do is use it. Use it, promote it, celebrate it, share it with everyone. Enjoy it. If the demand is there, then it's harder to close them down. With that in mind, I visited my local library to find some books from my TBR pile. Not only did I spot my own book (eek!) but I also found a few that I'm really excited about.

Here are five books I definitely want to get to in May...

1. Kindred Spirits - Rainbow Rowell


This was a World Book Day book in 2016 and I've been meaning to get around to it since then. It's so short, only 60 pages, but I'm sure it'll give me my dose of Rainbow Rowell. It's a YA book about star wars!

2. Attachment - Rainbow Rowell


From Rowell's YA to her adult fiction, Attachments is about two women emailing in 1999. However, their conversation is read by a man who finds himself falling in love with one of them. This sounds like such a unique romance with the potential to make me laugh.

3. Our Endless Numbered Days - Claire Fuller


This one has been lurking on my TBR for a looong time. Peggy has a survivalist father that turns her life upside down. As she grows up, she has to make sense of it. That's all I know but it seems to be both dark and literary. I'm excited!

4. Vanishing Girls - Lauren Oliver


I was looking for the third book in the Delirium series, Requiem, when I stumbled across this instead. It's about vanishing girls surprisingly enough! When two girls disappear it is theorised that they are linked. I hope this has as many plot twists as I'm expecting.

5. Into The Water - Paula Hawkins


The only non-library book on my TBR but come on. I had to. I am so excited to see what's next from Paula Hawkins because I loved The Girl On The Train. The cover for Into The Water is stunning and I hope the words inside are too! I'm going in with no knowledge of the plot...

What have you got planned for this month?

Love, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com