April TBR


April is all about getting through ARCs and Kindle books that I've stored up. I'm spending the month across three cities (none of which are where I currently live). As I drift between Birmingham, Belfast and Leicester, living out of the world's smallest suitcase, I'll have my Kindle to offer me a world of books!

1. The Muse - Jessie Burton


This is the last of the books I was given last July (I know, a long time ago!) and I'm so excited to get stuck in. I've already started and I can tell already that I'm going to enjoy this more than The Miniaturist. The Muse is about art. It's a historical novel that stretches from London to Granada.

2. Inside The O'Briens - Lisa Genova


I've read all of Lisa Genova's other books and enjoyed them. They centre on disease and families and Inside The O'Briends looks to follow this pattern. I hope more of her books get adapted into films because I loved Still Alice.

3. The Secret -  Katerina Diamond


Another Kindle book stored up from 2016, The Secret is about... Actually, I don't know, but I've seen the cover everywhere.  I kind of like going into thrillers blind so I'm going to keep myself in the dark.

4. Scarlet - Marissa Meyer


This is a continuation of Cinder in The Lunar Chronicles. It'll be part of my Around The Year In Books challenges and give me a great excuse to continue this series! I love the idea of fairytales being re-tolled in sci-fi settings.

5. Winter In Madrid - C J Sansom


I received this book for Christmas and have heard only good things about it. It's a historical fiction set in Spain (shocker) and I don't think I've ever read anything like it.

6. Pandemonium - Lauren Oliver


The second in the Delirium series, which I am listening to on Audiobook, Pandemonium continues Lauren Oliver's idea of a world in which love is thought of as a disease. I can't wait to find out what is going to happen with Lena and Alex next!

7. The Problem With Forever - Jennifer L Armentrout


There are so many mixed reviews about Armentrout's YA novels and The Problem With Forever seems to be her most read, and the cover looks really cool. I'm a sucker for a good cover. I want to be able to form my own opinion on her writing style so bring it on!

8. Windfall - Jennifer E Smith


An ARC I am so excited about, Windfall is counting towards my Around The Year In Books challenge as a title that doesn't contain the letter E. Again, I don't know the full on premise for this title, except that it's another YA contemporary romance from an author that has a reputation for doing it well. This is the American cover and it's so much prettier than the UK one.

If you want to see more about all the books I am reading for Around The Year In Books you can check out my plan here.

Let me know what you're reading this month. Have you read any of the books from my TBR?

Love, Jess

2 comments:

  1. Such a great TBR!! The Delirium series is a favorite of mine as well as The Lunar Chronicles. Hope you enjoy both. I want to read more of Lisa Genova's books. Windfall is one I am super excited for. Hope you love them all - happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I am so excited that I just want to read all day - if only!

      Delete

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com