March TBR


It's March aka the month I turn 21 (which happened yesterday - the 1st), have my final university lectures and seminars, end my reign as Chief Editor of PearShaped Music Magazine and read loads more books. With less and less university reading going on, I've got the chance to pick up some birthday books and really challenge myself. So here are eight books I am determined to get to...

1. The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger



This one is a university read AND a challenge read - that's blogging skills for you. I re-watched the film a few days and acually sobbed. I love this story and find it so emotionally engaging. It's very fitting for the 'time travel novel' challenge. If you don't already know it's about a guy called Henry who time travels uncontrollably and his relationship with Clare who grows up with him as her secret.

2. Twilight - Stephenie Meyer



Let me make one thing clear, this isn't the first time I've read Twilight. It's maybe the eighth? I was an addicted teenager, okay? I'll be reading this for university and a challenge (a sub-genre of my favourite genre YA) and comparing it to The Time Traveler's Wife for my last ever university essay. All those men with superpowers and women with no free will... 

3. The Upside Of Unrequited - Becky Albertalli



I have already finished this one before even writing my TBR that's how fast and easy it was to devour. The writing style has been helping me with my own project and capturing voice. It's about a twin called Molly who wants a boyfriend but doesn't know how to get past the crush stage. It'll be out in April so keep your eyes peeled for my full review!

4. The Escape - C L Taylor



C L Taylor's new novel The Escape is about Jo Blackmore, a woman who gives a stranger a lift and quickly regrets it. Beginning to think her daughter is in danger, Jo believes she needs to run. Sounds creepy, right? I am particularly looking forward to this one. It's another April release so I'll be writing a full review.

5. Three Wishes - Liane Moriarty



From the amount I've talked about this book online, you'd have thought I'd have read it. Nope. I've only had it six months, give me a chance! It's about 33 year old triplets and the dramas of everyday life. It's Moriarty's debut novel (she's since gone on to become an incredibly successful author) so I'm really intrigued. It looks like it was initially marketed as women's fiction but has since had a thriller re-vamp, perhaps because Moriarty is known for her twisting, compelling plots.

6. Ready Player One - Ernest Cline



One of my brothers sent me a copy of Ready Player One for my birthday and it's on my challenge list for 'a book that's coming out as a movie in 2017'. From what I know, it's a Hunger Games-esque Sci-Fi novel about a world in which humans rely way too heavily on technology.

7. A List Of Cages - Robin Roe



My other brother managed to get me a hardback copy of this book which isn't even out in the UK yet! He's basically the best... This is a contemporary YA about two foster brothers who are reunited and it's had incredible reviews and ratings online so I'm probably going to get round to this very soon.

8. A Little Life - Hanya Yanagihara 



I've had a copy of A Little Life since last July and I've seen so much commotion on Twitter about it. This literary fiction is a huge monster of a book (over 700 pages - but what would a TBR be without a huge book?) about four classmates growing up and staying in touch. 

I've got plenty of time to be reading this month with a few long journeys in the pipeline and a spa weekend (so excited). Let me know what you'll be reading or if you've enjoyed any of the books in my TBR.

Love, Jess

2 comments:

  1. I love The Time Traveller's wife: what skill in time-slipping without ever confusing the reader. Ooh, I think I'll read it all over again. And I look forward to hearing about A List of Cages - I have friends who always ask for YA recommendations for their teen boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am amazed at how she managed to write it - I would've wrapped myself in so many plot holes! & I'm not sure about the age group for A List of Cages, so it'll be interesting.

      Delete

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com