TBR Book Tag


How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
Mostly through my Amazon wishlist - that's a good way to see if the books I'm after have been reduced. But of course I also use Goodreads.

Is your TBR mostly print or eBook?
I wish it was print but mostly eBook! That's the easiest way to get ARCs and books by new authors which I'm unsure about. Also, if you've got a book like Outlander on your TBR, you need a digital copy for carrying it around purposes...

How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?
Mostly I think about the publication date. If I have a book that's about to come out or has just been released I might prioritise it because I want my review to be relevant and I want to engage with everyone else's reviews. But then I hate reading too much of the same genre in one go, so if I've just read a thriller I might switch to something dramatically different like a YA fantasy.

A book that's been on your TBR the longest?
You know it's bad when you have to check the name of the book because it's been waiting so long. Inside The O'Briens by Lisa Genova. I downloaded it when it was on offer and just haven't had the time. I have read like three of her other books this year though.

A book you recently added to your TBR?
All The Rage by Courtney Summers. I've heard so much praise for it from BookTubers and it looks very dark and mysterious. I think it's about sexual assault, but I'm not quite sure. 

A book on your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover?
I wouldn't say it's just about the cover but The Muse by Jessie Burton has a beautiful cover. I was given a hardback copy in summer and although I wasn't the world's biggest fan of The Miniaturist, the cover is definitely making me want to read The Muse.

A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading?
Tracey Warr's Almodis The Peaceweaver. I don't even know why I picked it up, I hated The Viking Hostage.

An unpublished book on your TBR that you're excited for?
Because You Love To Hate Me - an anthology of short stories based around villains. Fairy-tales from the perspectives of the villains, I mean who wouldn't be excited? There are some incredible writers getting involved in this collaboration and each of them have teamed up with a BookTuber so I have high hopes for it! 

A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you?
With Malice by Eileen Cook. That book just hasn't disappeared, people are still going on about it so that means it must be amazing!

A book on your TBR that you're dying to read?
The Fever by Megan Abbott. I loved You Will Know Me and I am planning on incorporating Megan Abbott into my dissertation at  university because I really think she is one of a kind. You know when you already know you're going to love a book. That is what Megan Abbott's stories are to me.

How any books are in your Goodreads TBR shelf?
Only 12 at the moment - that's because I am rubbish at updating it. There's around 28 books on my Amazon Wishlist and another 20 on my bookshelf just waiting for me...

Questions from Cleopatra Loves Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com