Physcological Thrillers That AREN'T Gone Girl Or Girl On The Train


People around the world fell in love with the twists and turns of the edgy psychological thrillers Gone Girl and Girl On The Train which revived a much-loved genre - something I personally am very grateful of. I love these female led, dark and often crime-following novels a lot. So much so that in the past fortnight I've read three psychological thrillers. Even better, none of them were Gone Girl or Girl On The Train.

Now, there's nothing wrong with these two major titles. Nothing at all. What I am here to write about is how many more psychological thrillers go under the radar because they aren't plastered everywhere in Tesco. So, if you love these horrific tales as much as I do, here are three more gripping reads...

1. Sister - Rosamund Lupton


Our main character Beatrice thinks she knows everything about her sister Tess. But when Tess goes missing, Beatrice unravels the life she never knew her sister led. Despite opposition from her friends, family and even the police, Beatrice is determined to find out what really happened to Tess, no matter what.

2. Daughter - Jane Shemilt


Flickering between the days leading up to Naomi's disappearance, the immediate aftermath and life a year later, Daughter exposes the horrific life of Jenny, a mother on the brink. Did she really know her daughter? Was it her fault Naomi disappeared? And the biggest question: did Naomi leave by choice? Or was she taken? 

3. Reconstructing Amelia - Kimberly McCreight


Kate is a hard-working single mother and top lawyer. She's not always at home, but her daughter understands and they have a close relationship. Or so she thinks. One day, she is called to Amelia's school as uncharacteristically, Amelia has been suspended. For me, Reconstructing Amelia had the most satisfying conclusion of any psychological thriller I have read.

I have written about these novels in the order I read them because it would be so difficult to put them in any form of hierarchy. Let me know if you have read any of these and what you though.

Love, Jess

2 comments:

  1. I really liked Reconstructing Amelia. I am excited that the other two are new to me. I love thrillers like these and am always looking for new great ones to read. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I have also heard that Kimberly McCreight (the author of Reconstructing Amelia) has released some other great books so might have to give them a go.

    ReplyDelete

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com