REVIEW: To Retribution - FJ Curlew

3/5


Here's a controversial statement: I almost didn't finish reading this book.

Okay, now we've got that out the way I'm going to tell you why I decided to plough on, and if it was worth it. 

So To Retribution is about a woman called Suze and her closest friend Jake as they work as undercover journalists attempting to expose the corruption of a new, exaggerated world in which the military controls everything. I found the start of the book difficult as there was little description of setting or atmosphere and it mostly consisted on conversations. 

With that said, the potential is great for a story like this. Nowadays, everyone is concerned about the political situation of the world (cough Donald Trump cough) and so I wanted this book to be amazing. That's why I kept going and it picked up in the second half, with action sequences and an exciting (but a little confusing) plot. I loved the Sophie/Suze storyline, I thought it was both clever and horrifying.

I never truly got swept away by this story, but it wasn't bad either and it's definitely a thought-provoking read. A 3/5 on Goodreads from me! If you want to give it a go you can buy a copy here.

Let me know what you think.

Love, Jess

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com