MY BOOK! FREE PROMOTION



I am so excited to share my collection of short stories called A Single Drop Of Perfect & Other Stories which was published by Excalibur Press NI in February of this year. For the next 5 days you can download my collection for absolutely nothing! Just be sure to select "buy now for £0.00" and you're set! And don't worry if you don't have a Kindle as you can read it on your phone, laptop or tablet.

You can download the book here.


And because you're here on my blog, here's a run down of each story...

1. A Single Drop Of Perfect


Carla’s on the cusp of adulthood. As her final weeks in the family home draw to a close she struggles to keep a grip on her true self. With her boyfriend hundreds of miles away, Carla battles with loneliness, finding comfort in unexpected places and experiencing moments of perfection that can never be replicated.

With this story I wanted to show how in the worst of times there can be moments of perfection that you don't even see coming. I won't say any more as I don't want to give too much away...

2. What Isla Did


Isla was young, brave and creative. She is remembered as a golden girl and their beloved daughter, but no one can be perfect.

When someone dies everyone remembers them in the best version of themself, but there's more that lies behind the memory. Ooh, doesn't that sound ominous!

3. The Lemon And The Lake


June and Max are exploring the gorgeous countryside of Granada. However, where there's perfection, there's horror.

This is based on a personal experience I had because I wanted to bring up a phobia which many people just brush off. It's a big deal people!

4. Wounds


Helen’s new husband Steven brings his dog Wilf into the family home. When Helen’s eight year old daughter Maisie finds herself in hospital, suffering from a vicious dog attack, Steven has a lot to answer for. Moral and ethical questions arise when Helen is determined to have Wilf put down in spite of Steven’s desire to keep is beloved pet alive.

I wrote this story for my Creative Writing module at university because I've been touched by many stories of beloved pets being put down and it got me questioning the morals behind all of that. I'm quite animal concious generally.

5. The Edge Of A Smile


Walking home at night, university student Heidi is accompanied by a stranger named Bryony. Both of them have secrets which will destroy the other.

I had some really rubbish housemates in my first year of university so although this story is fictitious, I was inspired by wondering what someone who really hated you would do... What lengths can people go to?



Feel free to leave me any questions in the comments. If you have a chance to download A Single Drop Of Perfect, let me know what you think!

Love, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com